New attack for SMS faculty utilizing Priority based
Preemptive Task Scheduling Algorithm
Abstraction—Windows Mobile ( WM ) is a Smartphone operating system developed by Microsoft Corporation which is a closed beginning platform, developed utilizing C++ . It is the predecessor to Windows phone. As it is deemed as a new coevals of the operating system, it is decidedly an Os that needs to be looked out for. Windows mobile operating system uses Windows CE based architecture at meats degree. Just like its opposite numbers it provides basic functionalities like procedure programming, file direction, memory direction, resource allotment etc. Out of this, procedure programming plays an of import function in overall public presentation of any operating system because an ideal platform is that in which no resource struggle arises. In this paper we aim to concentrate on using Priority based preemptive undertaking scheduling algorithm on SMS application of Windows mobile runing system. Here user affix high precedence to certain contacts, say often used contacts like parents or instructors or friends, in such instances if an Samarium from these contacts are received the proposed application would render a pop-up presentment exposing this high precedence message by disrupting ongoing undertaking on the screen. In bend the high precedence message would be redirected towards and saved in precedence inbox alternatively of default in box, so that the user can easy entree the message as and when required.
Index Footings—Mobile Operating System, Windows Operating System, SMS application and Preemptive Task Scheduling.
Operating System acts as a platform between its user and hardware. An Operating System is considered to be efficient if its response clip is less and throughput rate is high. This can be achieved through memory direction every bit good as undertaking scheduling algorithm. Similarly a nomadic Operating System is a package platform on which plan for nomadic devices can run, mobile operating system is used to finish specific undertakings with a given clip deadlines. As the response clip is an of import factor, utilizing precedence based preemptive undertaking programming would be an efficient solution. This paper highlights the application of Priority based preemptive undertaking programming for the SMS faculty. Short Messaging Service [ SMS ] is a service constituent of phone, web, nomadic communicating systems that uses standard communicating protocols to direct and have information through web.
In recent old ages SMS engineering evolved to transport binary informations such as images, pictures, ringtones, concern cards, voice
messages etc. So there is a demand to develop a technique that would be able to separate of import SMS and normal SMS based on their assigned precedence. This in bend would assist the user to have the messages easy. This construct is a logical extension of Gmail’s precedence inbox where an user can segregate messages based on higher prioritized contacts, as a consequence of which a user can set up the messages in instance of bulky messages in the inbox. So this proposed system makes usage of user’s contact list to put the high precedence to the required contacts which makes the application to expose the of import the messages as a dad up while the user is involved in other undertakings.
The paper is divided into 8 subdivisions. The subdivision II of the paper trades with the account of the Windows Mobile runing system architecture. The subdivision III of the paper trades with the account of Priority based preemptive undertaking programming technique. The subdivision IV of the paper trades with the account of algorithm, flow chart of the proposed technique. The subdivision V of the paper trades with the snippings for precedence director application development. The subdivision VI trades with the experimental consequences. The subdivision VII trades with the proposed system advantages over the bing system. The subdivision VIII trades with the observations and decision of the proposed technique.
II. WINDOWS MOBILE ARCHITECTURE
Fig. 1. Windows Mobile Architecture [ 2 ] [ 4 ] .
Given below are the constituents present in Windows Mobile Architecture [ 2 ] [ 4 ] :
- Resolution, Camera, Sensors, Capacitive Touch, Multimedia.
- Memory, CPU, GPU, Hardware buttons
- Virtual memory, Paging, Security, Networking support.
- Device drivers ( written by Microsoft for consistent theoretical account ) .
- App Packing Model
- An application is unambiguously identifiable, licensable and serviceable.
- Software or application merchandise is packed as XAP file incorporating tight assemblies and resources largely in ZIP file format.
- UI Model
- In footings in the UI theoretical account an application is user interface constituents plus logic exposed through one or more pages.
- A page is a individual strain made up of UI elements, a session is an ordered work flow of user interactions and in the Windows Phone UI theoretical account it can cross multiple applications.
- Cloud Integration
- Microsoft Services, Existing Web Services or making your ain Web Services.
- Application Runtime
- Microsoft Silverlight ( Morden event driven application UI Framework ) .
- XNA ( High public presentation game Framework ) .
- Both Framework are written as Managed Code therefore sharing common set of platform constituents running in Dot Net Common Language Runtime ( . Net CLR )
III. PRE- EMPTIVE TASK Scheduling
Undertaking programming is the cardinal construct in the operating systems which supports parallel processing and multitasking. Task scheduling construct explains how a common CPU is shared between different procedures. This assignment is carried out by scheduler and starter. A wholly just scheduler is the scheduler where the procedures are scheduled with in a changeless sum of clip in malice of many procedures in contention [ 1 ] .
The preemptive undertaking programming technique involves break of lower precedence undertakings when the waiting line consists of higher precedence undertakings [ 1 ] . This preemptive undertaking programming is used in nomadic operating system because of high response clip, and high turnaround clip and medium CPU use. For some specific undertakings to happen the Mobile runing system should run into some specific clip deadlines.
IV. EXPERIMENTAL STEPS
This subdivision deals with the stairss implemented to our proposed Priority based preemptive undertaking programming technique. In our proposed technique we use ListActivity as Activity, and ListView as Object, and BroadacastReciever as category.
The stairss are listed below [ 2 ] [ 5 ] :
- First, the SMS application would register to a category named ListActivity which binds to the informations beginning and displays the list of points. When an point is selected by a user ListActivity category hosts a ListView object bounded to different informations beginnings.
- Now the user can put the precedence “HIGH” for some contacts whereas the other contacts would stay default. This can be done by an interface shown by the application.
- When a message from a high prioritized contact is delivered to the Mobile while the user is busy with some other activities on the Mobile, so the message by the high prioritized contact will be flashed on the active screen.
- Simultaneously this high prioritized message will be redirected and stored in the Priority inbox and will besides be stored in the default inbox.
- When an SMS is delivered by the default contacts there will be no perturbation on active screen for the user busy with some other undertakings, automatically the SMS will be redirected and stored in the default inbox.
- The SMS services information can be determined by the methods in the BroadacastReciever category.
- Get down the messaging application.
- Register the delivered SMS.
- BroadacastReciever receives the SMS.
- Check the precedence of the Contact figure.
IF the precedence is set to HIGH so
Flash the prioritized SMS on the active screen and redirect and shop it in Priority inbox every bit good as default inbox.
Store the SMS into the default inbox.
- Proposed Technique Flowchart
Fig. 2. Flowchart for the proposed technique [ 1 ] [ 5 ] .
V. LITERATURE REVIEW
In general we come across a certain state of affairs in which one’s inbox gets overpoweringly crowded with immense figure of messages, following which the user finds it highly hard to screen out the of import messages. As a consequence an efficient algorithm is need to divide of import messages from the normal messages. As there are several scheduling techniques available for the operating system, but none of them are used to prioritise the SMS application. Hence, Pre-emptive based undertaking scheduling algorithm would be an efficient manner to work around this job faced daily by the user.
The thought could be borrowed from Gmail’s precedence inbox. In Gmail the characteristic of the precedence inbox ranks the electronic mails on its reaching. A user statistical theoretical account is prepared in order to foretell this frequence. Besides this frequence is updated every bit often as possible [ 6 ] .
Similarly, this construct can be implemented in theproposed system. In this algorithm a low precedence undertaking can be masked when a high precedence undertaking arrives ( i.e. ) If a user receives SMS from higher precedence contacts that he/she is allowed to delegate to the needed contacts such as parents or friends contact Numberss, users ongoing undertaking is paused, the application would alarm the user by starting up the SMS on the active screen and redirects the higher precedence SMS to the precedence inbox. This in bend minimizes CPU use, increasing turnaround clip and response clip. This peculiar addition helps a batch as a nomadic operating system are needed to make specific undertakings in limited clip frame [ 1 ] .
- Deepali Kayande and Urmila Shrawankar, “Priority Based Preemptive Task Scheduling for Android Operating System, ” Department of Computer Science and Engineering, G. H. Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur-India. International Journal of Computer Science and Telecommunications [ Volume 2, Issue 7, October 2011 ]
- Architectural Overview of Windows Mobile Infrastructure Components Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6-powered Devicess. White paper published: 2007.
- “Mobile Application Architecture Guide, ” Patterns & A ; Atoms by J.D. Meier, Alex Homer, David Hill, Jason Taylor, Prashant Bansode, Lonnie Wall, Rob Boucher Jr, Akshay Bogawat.
- “Windows Telephone: WP7 Architecture Overview” , Amar Nityananda, Partner Technical Consultant, Gowtham Prasad K N, Developer Evangelist.
- “Comparing architectures of nomadic applications, ” Kresimir Fertalj, “Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing” , University of Zagreb Unska 3, HR-10000 Zagreb, Croatia, Marko Horvat, “Croatian Railways Ltd. Branimirova 9a, HR-10000 Zagreb, Croatia” .
- “The Learning Behind Gmail Priority Inbox” , Douglas Aberdeen, Ondrej Pacovsky, Andrew Slater, Google Inc. Zurich, Switzerland